Enjoy a deeply rewarding career as an EIBI Therapist.
Achieve junior therapist accreditation
The first step in becoming a therapist and achieving accreditation as an EIBI Therapist is to complete our Online Introductory Training and Workshop. This includes 6 hours of hands-on practical training in small groups at our clinic.
EIBI eLearning Introductory Training
abalink’s student therapist competency modules combine EIBI theory as well as role play exercises. Students undergo both written and practical assessments to attain the specific standards required to commence working as part of an EIBI Therapy Team.
There’s a total of 22 hours of online training and you are given one month to complete the module.
- Consequence Interventions – 2 hours
- Discrete Trial Instruction – Part 1: 2 hours
- Discrete Trial Instruction – Part 2: 2 hours
- Functions of Behaviour – 3 hours
- Graphing and Progress Evaluation – 2.5 hours
- Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders – 1 hour
- Introduction to Verbal Behaviours – 1.5 hours
- Instructional Control – 2 hours
- Principles of Behaviour: – Part 1: 2 hours
- Principles of Behaviour: – Part 2: 2 hours
- Teaching New Behaviour – 2 hours
6 hours’ practical training
At the completion of your online training, you participate in 6 hours of hands-on practical training in small groups at our clinic before more intensive on job training.
Certificates are given at the completion and abalink Certificates are given at the end of the practical training.
Once you are employed as a therapist, abalink programs incorporate on the job supervision and therapist training. This usually takes place while working with the child and is provided by either the Senior Behavioural Therapist and/or the Program Supervisor.
How much does it cost?
$600.00 (incl gst) for 22 hours of online training and 6 hours of practical training.
Online parent training
As a parent, you play a vital role in the success of your child’s therapy. That’s why at abalink, parental training is both compulsory and complimentary, and provided as part of your child’s program.
Our 12-hour online training program assists you in understanding the fundamental aspects of an EIBI program. Importantly, it guides you in your day-to-day interaction with your child.