Comprehensive theoretical & practical course for Applied Behaviour Analysis
Completing ABAlink’s online training gives you accreditation as an Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) Therapist.
Watch Fred’s story and see how he became certified and started working in his Honours year of Psychology.
ABA THERAPIST ONLINE TRAINING
Our ABA course gives you accreditation as an Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) Therapist. You will complete 40 hours of theoretical training. You can complete the online modules anywhere and anytime. You will learn through:
- Interactive exercises
- Engaging animations
- Quizzes (with feedback provided) and
- Final exam to test your knowledge.
You have 60 days to work your way through all the modules. Successful completion requires a test score of 90% or above. You will receive a certificate at the completion of the online course.
- History & Philosophy of ABA
- Commonly Served Populations
- Describing Behaviour
- Reinforcement 101
- Behavioural Skills
- Verbal Operants
- Augmentative & Alternative Communication
- Prompting Procedures
- Task Analysis
- Introduction to Data Collection
- Continuous Data Collection
- Discontinuous Data Collection
- Other Data Collection
- Graphing Data
- Graphing Techniques
- Behavioural Skills Assessment
- Preference & Reinforcer Assessments
- Problem Behaviour
- The Functions of Behaviour
- Descriptive Functional Assessment
- Functional Analysis
- Skill Acquisition Treatment
- Shaping Behaviour
- Discrete Trial Training
- Behaviour Reduction Plans
- Antecedent Interventions
- Differential Reinforcement
- Natural Environment Teaching
- Activity-Based Instruction
- Group Interventions
- Interdisciplinary Work
- Legal Issues
- The BACB’s Code of Ethics
ABA THERAPIST PRACTICAL TRAINING
ABAlink offers a practical training day after completing the online syllabus. Held once a month, this full day workshop is led by our Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA)®. This is your opportunity to put the theory into practice with like-minded individuals. The practical training day is designed for candidates who wish to work for ABAlink. You will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the practical day.
If we hire you as a therapist, you will receive on the job supervision and ongoing training. This usually takes place while working with the child to best develop your hands on skills.
$700 (plus GST) for 40 hours of online training. You will be invited to attend an additional 8 hours of practical training if you wish to pursue a role at ABAlink.