ABAlink Social Skills Group
participation for children
with autism through
improved social skills
What is the ABAlink Social Skills Group?
The ABAlink social skills group is an evidence based fun program aimed at giving children the opportunity to grow and enhance their social competence within a group environment.
- The social skills program runs once a week for 8 weeks giving your child the opportunity to develop and practice their social skills.
- Focusing on fun play-based activities and semi-structured social situations, the program includes fun materials, role-play, videos and social games
- Each session runs for 2 hours with a small group of up to 8 children aged between 8 and 11
- The social skills group program is implemented by a multi-disciplinary team consisting of a Senior Behavioural therapist/Provisional Psychologist and a Speech therapist assisted by Junior therapists
- Your child’s progress is documented and measured and you receive a final report at the end of the program
Why choose the ABAlink Social Skills Group?
The social skills group is a great opportunity for children with ASD to practise their social skills within a safe group setting.
Your child will be engaged and encouraged to participate in:
- Social interactions and conversational skills
- Play initiation
- Partaking, developing and maintaining friendships
- Emotional regulation and expression
- Identifying needs and communicating them