Join our Team
A smart career move. We’re always looking for ABA therapists to join our highly trained team.
Being an ABA therapist at ABAlink is more than just a part-time or casual job. It’s a smart career move. The hands-on nature of the work is invaluable for any individual who is committed to working with children in the disability field over the longer term.
The role of an ABA therapist
- Work 1:1 with children in the home, at school and in the community
- Follow a structured program designed to teach language, play, social, motor and self-help skills to children with autism or related disorders.
- Participate in a thorough initial training program with instruction in Autism, Applied Behaviour Analysis, Verbal behaviour, teaching strategies, behaviour management, data collection and ethics.
- Participate in ongoing training and attend meetings regularly scheduled for each child and their family.
- Work collaboratively and effectively communicate with your colleagues and team.
Typically, we look for ABA therapists who are studying psychology, or related fields with the view of working with children with special needs. However, we do consider all candidates on their merits.
What we look for most is patience, creativity, discretion and the confidence to think on your feet. Having a good sense of humour and a positive outlook are imperative. You need to be able to accept constructive feedback, work independently, and as part of a team.
If this sounds like you, please send us your resume and a covering letter.